The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

30 in 30 - Day Twenty-Three

Pin It
My Favorite Things - 30 Paintings in 30 Days
"In a Row", Oil, 6" x 6"
$200.00 with display easel.
Click here for purchase information.

The spools of thread are back! I took a lot of photos of these spools last week and I love the reflections on the glass. I intend to paint a few more because I am completely addicted to these colors! Who would have thought I could get so much pleasure from four $1 spools of thread! Hopefully they will keep my occupied until the next swap meet. Ha ha.

Tomorrow's "Artists Helping Artists" show is going to be a great one. It's titled "Tips to Creating Dynamic Paintings" and I am really excited about the information written for the show.  We are also going to cover tips on how you can use your ipad/tablet in your art studio. I think you will love the ideas! To listen to the show just follow this link. It airs live at 9am PST/12noon EST or you can listen anytime after the show airs as all of the shows are recorded.

Next week's show, which airs on Thursday, January 31st, will be titled "30 Paintings in 30 Days ... So What Did We Learn?".  I would like to share on the air many of the emails I have received from all of you regarding  your experiences. So please email me if you would like to share. You can also call in to the show live as we will open the phones for the last 30 minutes for guests!

It's weird but I feel like an entirely different artist than I was a month ago. It's hard to explain but I have more confidence and I am enjoying painting about 1000% more than before! I don't want this feeling to end! Ever! So what can I do to make sure that doesn't happen?




Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your paintings, very nice work! :) www.ashleybridgerdesigns.com

Barbara said...

I have enjoyed the 30/30 so much! I have it used it to push myself to paint things that intimidate me....glass, reflective surfaces, figures....and flowers were added to that list mid-month!! ;) I've learned a lot about what inspires me, about my most productive time in the day, about facing my fears (it's only paint, canvas and an investment of time...what's to fear, right?!). Thank you for the challenge! I may not get one done daily in the future, but I will certainly try!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails